Thursday, March 3, 2011

Late Post #1-Valentine's Weekend Getaway

View from our deck
Nice big tub

Josh enjoying spaghetti that we made at the cottage.




Outside look of the cabin







I might be biased but I think I have the best husband in the world. Sometimes for a Mommy, life can be stressful, and stay-at-home Moms definitely need time out of the house. Josh told me he wanted to take me somewhere for Valentine's weekend. I was thrilled and couldn't wait to see where he was going to take me. I knew that it was somewhere within driving distance. I was just excited to get out of the house and have some time with with Josh. We dropped Hudson off at my parent's house, so he was on his own little vacation. He loves being on the farm with my parents but he LOVES there little dog Annie. I think they are going to be best buds for years to come. So, a special thanks to my Mom & Dad for watching Hudson. Now we were ready to get going. As we were driving we started towards Eureka Springs. I had a feeling I knew where we were going but didn't want to say anything. We had looked at this place before but never stayed there (Beaver Lake Cottages..www.beaverlakecottages.com). Josh drove right past the road for there and I was udderly confused. Then he pulls in to this little motel that did overlook Beaver Lake, but it looked like it could be in a horror movie. Josh said, "This is not what I anticipated". My mouth dropped and I knew he had to be joking. Lucky for him he was :-) We kept driving for a while and then he turned around and took me to Beaver Lake Cottages. I highly recommend this place for anyone wanting a quiet weekend away. It was so peaceful and just what we needed. We stayed at cottage #6 which was the one closest to the lake. Thank you Josh for a great weekend. I Love You!!










No comments:

Post a Comment